Contributing to this web forum requires registration. Certain information is mandatory – such as a name and a valid email address. The personal details which you provide on registration will not be disclosed to third parties other than in exceptional circumstances (eg: the prevention of a serious crime).
Accounts. You are limited to one personal account. The creation of multiple accounts with different user names is strictly forbidden and any such accounts will be terminated with no recourse to appeal, along with the originator’s membership. Your profile must contain your postal town to allow access to the Sales sections.
When you join you agree to abide by the CLUBFOXER (CF) rules. The CF rules are non-negotiable.
Buy and Sell only
The CF Forum is for the purposes of contacted those interested in buying or selling only. There are plenty of other Forums out there where you can discuss shooting with all its infinitesimal interesting subjects – but not many where you can buy and sell. So please – if you have something to say about shooting in general go on another forum somewhere and confine comments on the CF forum to buying and selling only.
By registering with this forum you agree to abide by the discussion rules.
• Do not submit comments that contain personal information e.g. home addresses or phone numbers.
• Do not submit comments that are unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive.
• Do not swear or use language that could offend other forum participants.
• Do not advertise or promote products or services unless authorised to do so by the forum’s Admins and moderators
• Do not spam or flood the forum. Only submit a comment once.
• Do not resubmit the same, or similar, comments.
• Keep your comments relevant to the discussion topic.
• Do not submit defamatory comments (comments that are untrue and capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation).
• Do not condone illegal activity or incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred.
• Do not submit comments that could prejudice on-going or forthcoming court proceedings (contempt of court) or break a court injunction.
• Do not submit comments containing someone else’s copyright material.
• Do not swear or use language that could offend other forum participants.
• Do not otherwise submit comments that are unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive. This includes comments that are offensive to others with regards to religion, gender, nationality or other personal characteristic.
• Do not impersonate other forum members or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
• Do not submit comments or choose user names that contain personal information that would identify yourself or others. For example last names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details either relating to yourself or other individuals.
• Do not post comments in languages other than English
• Do not advertise or promote products or services.
• Do not spam or flood the forum. Only submit a comment once. Do not resubmit the same, or similar, comments. Keep the number of comments you submit on a topic at a reasonable level. Multiple comments from the same individual, or a small number of individuals, may discourage others from contributing.
• Do not use an inappropriate user name (vulgar, offensive etc.).
• If you are under the age of 12 please get your parent/guardian’s permission before participating in this forum. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
The CF Forum is continually moderated. The Moderators decision is final and if you do not abide by the CF forum rules your access to the forum will be revoked. The moderators will also remove anything they think is remotely dodgy for whatever reason. What constitutes anything dodgy is entirely up to the discretion of the Moderators.
Links to other websites
CLUBFOXER is not responsible for the content of external websites and links to external sites should not be taken as an endorsement of their content.
The CF forum is only intended for the purposes of communicating that you may want to buy shooting equipment or have shooting equipment to sell. The moderators will remove any posts that are deemed illegal, inappropriate and/or irrelevant and will also remove the person posting from the forum altogether.
The CF forum is a communication portal only and accepts no responsibility for any of the items bought or sold on this forum or any actions resulting thereafter from the purchase or sale of any item whatsoever.
Don’t offer to buy, or try to sell off the back of a valuation thread
Hi. Am posting this to clarify things. When a valuation thread is posted, it must be treated as that, and nothing more. Once an owner of an item has a sound valuation figure, if they then wish to sell, they must start a fresh sales thread in either the main sales section, or if a collectable, in the collectors section, or with my blessing (if it is a collectable), in both . Turning a valuation thread into a sales thread will result in a two week holiday.
Similarly anyone posting on a valuation thread, or sending a p-m to an o-p that they would like to buy, or swap, with an item in question, irrespective of their motivation, is also unfortunately going to get themselves a two week holiday from the BBS. Asking an owner to let you know when they offer their item for sale, too, will imo constitute offering to buy off the back of a valuation thread, so please don’t do it . Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Gareth W-B (o.b.o. The Airgun BBS Admin Team).
Common sense in distance selling and easy ways to lose your money:
1. You are essentially giving that sum of money to a bloke in the pub who you’ve never met, who lives many miles away, and is promising to go home and send you an item some days later. You’d laugh at this concept, but you do it on here simply because the person has joined an internet site and claims to be a shooter. errrrrrrrrr hellooooooooo
2. If you do this and the person asks you to pay via paypal as a gift, he is pretty much asking you to waive any right or redress to save a couple of quid. Errr helloooooooooooooo
3. The police won’t help. It will come down to a civil claim, and the best you’ll get is a fiver a week which will stop coming after a few weeks and your back in court, or you’ll just give up. Your “mates” on here won’t go and break his legs despite lots of offers.
4. Don’t rely on the mods. We are not Judge Dredd, all we can do is ban the scrote, but he’ll probably come back to take another lame beast from the herd
Solution: Don’t send your hard earned cash to somebody hundreds of miles away who can’t be verified by a trusted member. It’s a simple gamble, I’d prefer to wait for the item to come on sale closer
If the item goes missing in the post, you have a problem unless you have insured it for the full value. If you have to gamble then it’s not much of a bargain is it? The law says proof of postage is not proof of delivery, but for a private deal this offers little protection. You MUST clarify the delivery terms – is the deal concluded when the item is posted or when it arrives?. This then identifies who takes the risk. Personally, if I sell something on here, my sense of honour means I take responsibility until it is delivered and as such post insured, building this into the price. However in some cases the BUYER could ask “I’ll have it, knock £20 off and post uninsured” <
If the seller mis-describes the goods he is liable for all costs and a return of the purchase fee, that is common sense, and there is no negotiation on here over that. However, where there is a genuine and equal misunderstanding it is fair that the out of pocket costs are borne equally and the item returned with no bad feeling.
Occasionally, members are banned for trading irregularities. Some of them sneak back onto the BBS using a different user name, Internet Service Provider and email address.
To make it easier for the mods to spot them, we introduced a rule that all members who wish to use the sales and wanted sections MUST give their nearest (postal) town in their user profile.
If you see an advert that does not show a postal town at the top right of the screen, please feel free to either place a post on the thread to remind the thread starter to fill in their user profile (this will NOT be deemed as ‘interfering’ with a sales thread) or PM a mod with the details. Members who refuse to comply with this rule will either lose access to the sales areas or be banned.
When responding to an advert, check that the town given in the shipping address is the same as the town given in the seller’s user profile. If it is not, you are strongly advised not to progress with the transaction and to PM me with details. ”
If you do not have an acceptable location in your profile you may lose access without warning. To request access, first correct the error using the user CP and edit your details, then pm a member of the Admin Team to request it be granted again.
breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems or policies;
sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties;
use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Services;
use the contact information of other users for any purpose other than in relation to a specific eBay transaction (which includes using this information to send marketing materials directly to eBay users unless the user has given explicit consent to receiving these materials);
You accept sole responsibility for the legality of your actions under laws applying to you and the legality of any items you list on any of our sites.
eBay cannot and does not confirm, and is not responsible for ensuring, the accuracy or truthfulness of users’ purported identities or the validity of the information which they provide to us or post on our sites.